It is environmentally friendly, easy to use and cost effective. And with over 800% elasticity, this waterproofing coating expands when it needs to! And, it can be applied as a sealant to most surfaces – concrete, wood, even rusty old metal to name a few.
There are unlimited uses for this innovative coating technology. Use it to maintain and waterproof almost anything, from your leaky roof to ponds and fountains. Paint around skylights to secure a leak-proof seal.
Superior Performing Liquid Rubber Waterproof Coating
- Bonds to most construction materials
- Seamless waterproof coating that protects against corrosion, water damage and chemicals
- Elongates 850% with 95% recovery
- Sealant withstands thermal cycling
- Puncture resistant
- Significant installation cost savings for customer
- Minimal surface preparation required
- One coat sealant system (spraying applications)
- Environmentally friendly and safe coating
- Sealant is VOC free
- Non toxic
Characteristics of Rubberizeit!™ Liquid Rubber
- Rubberizeit! “Universal” Liquid Rubber is Available in Five grades
- Primer Grade (PG) – Designed to be applied to porous substrates such as wood / lumber and older concrete. Because it is thin in nature it seeps well in to the pours and provides a coat of rubber that is ready to receive our Universal Grade (UG) product.
- Universal Grade (UG) – a thicker “higher build” version of the same liquid rubber found in the industrial grade IG product. Suitable for roof penetrations, areas with larger cracks and high stress areas.
- Spray Grade (IG) – a thinner grade of liquid rubber that should only be used in conjunction with our Accelerateit!™ Catalyst and the DCPP or Pump Systems.
- Crack or Caulk Grade (CG) – is our thickest grade that has the consistency of peanut butter or soft cream-cheese. It can be used to fill holes and cracks up to 1/2″ deep/wide.
- Aerosol Grade (AG) – Rubberizeit!™ AG is not the same liquid rubber compound as our UG, CG, PG & IG products. While AG is formulated to be as environmentally friendly as possible – it contains VOC’s and is NOT suitable for ponds, aquaponics or gardening where vegetables are being grown. It is also not suitable for “ponding water” applications. Rubberizeit!™ AG is suitable for initial leak repairs and it is recommend to top coat AG with our Rubberizeit!™ UG product for a permanent UV stable waterproof seal.
- All Grades (except AG) are Non-Toxic with Zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
- All Grades (except AG) are UV-Stable – keep in mind, there is a difference between UV “Resistant” and UV “Stable” – a UV “Stable” product is suitable for applications which require long-term exposure to direct sunlight – minimum of a 10 year lifespan. In harsh environments, UV Resistant products typically fail after 2-3 years.
- With the exception of AG – Rubberizeit™ is a water-based single part rubber emulsion. It requires no catalyst to activate or cure. Once the water evaporates from the emulsion, only the non-toxic rubber is left behind and it takes approximately 3-7 days to fully cure (depending on temperature and humidity)
- No special protective equipment is required when applying Rubberizeit!™. We do recommend gloves, protective eye-wear and wearing of long sleeved shirts and long pants – this is because it is extremely difficult to remove once the liquid rubber has dried. Rubber that is still in liquid form can be removed with standard soap and water.
Various Applications and Uses for Rubberizeit!™ Liquid Rubber Sealant
Liquid Rubber for Roof Restoration - Rubberizeit!™ Liquid Rubber is one of the easiest products to use for traditional and flat roof repairs. Because it is water-based and non-toxic – it is safe and simple to apply.
For small jobs; Rubberizeit!™ liquid rubber can be painted/rolled on. For any seam areas or holes, the re-enforcement cloth is applied on top of a primer coat of Rubberizeit!™ and then a secondary coat is painted on the cloth (similar to the process of fiber-glassing).
For large jobs; We have sprayers available to spray the coating onto the roof surface after all existing seams have been strengthened with the re-enforcement cloth.
The recommended thickness for all roofing application is 60 mils.
Koi Pond Rubber Liner – Building a new Koi Pond or repairing an old one? This liquid rubber coating is perfect for Koi Ponds because it is non-toxic, has zero VOC’s and is UV Stable (suitable for direct sunlight). In addition, you can use the reinforcement cloth along with the liquid rubber to patch cracks in the concrete or other mediums. Liquid Rubber liner has elastic characteristics that allow it to stretch up to 800% and then return to it’s original shape. Simple and safe to use it is perfect for the DIY Koi Ponder!
Swamp Cooler (evaporative) Pan Repair – No longer do you have to go through the expense of completely replacing your Swamp Cooler Pan due to holes created by excessive rust. Rubberizeit!™ is naturally a rust prevention and stoppage solution and because it is a natural waterproofing liner it is perfect for fixing leaky evaporative cooler pans.
Simply clean out the pan to ensure it is free of debris and solvents, paint a primer coat of Liquid Rubber to the evaporative cooler pan; locate the holes and apply the cloth strength member and paint a secondary coat of Liquid Rubber. Allow to dry for 24-48 hours and apply one final liner coat.
Your Swamp Cooler Pan is now sealed and good to go!
A New Tool for Container Gardening – Would you like to beautify your balcony? Liquid Rubber makes this possible. In the past, if you built wood planter boxes the dirt and moisture associated with planting flowers, herbs and/or vegetables caused the wood to rapidly deteriorate.
With Liquid Rubber sealant, you can build your planter containers out of any type of wood and paint the inside of the planter box with a primer coat of Rubberizeit!™ liquid rubber waterproofing. Once the primer coat has been applied – apply the cloth strength member to the seams of the container and paint another coat of liquid rubber. allow to dry and paint one last sealer coat to the wood.
Allow the container to completely vulcanize for 7 days and now you are ready to fill with potting soil and plant your flowers, herbs and/or vegetables!
Because liquid rubber is VOC free and completely non-toxic you don’t have to worry about deadly toxins destroying your precious plants!
Rubberizeit!™ is also good for terracotta pots. By preventing the moister from getting to the terracotta you limit the damage that may occur due to freezing. In a nutshell, this turns your terracotta pots into a container that will give you the functionality of a plastic container – with the beauty of terracotta.
Originally Developed to Stop & Prevent Corrosion - Rusty metal roof? Rusty water tanks? Do you live near the ocean where the salt water air is corrosive?
Liquid Rubber stops and prevents rust and corrosion, Period. Because Rubberizeit!™ is UV Stable, you don’t have to worry about the sun damaging your hard work.
Simply wire brush off the rusty area, clean and allow to dry. Follow the application instructions and coat the affected area with liquid rubber. Apply the cloth strength member to areas that have holes and paint or roll on another coat to permanently seal.
Rubberizeit!™ waterproofing should be applied to 40-60 mils in order to have the greatest success. Please see the coverage table in the specifications page to determine how much liquid rubber you will need for your application.
Rain Water Harvesting is becoming more & more popular and unlike water captured in dams, does not require an extensive treatment process to ensure a high enough quality that is fit for human or farm animal consumption. There is no higher quality water source than that of rainwater. Especially if it is recovered from a roof that has been treated with a non-toxic, zero VOC rubberized sealant.
Rainwater that is collected from roofs using a zero VOC rubberized membrane and properly stored represents a truly sustainable source of water ideal for farms and homes – for both inside & outside uses. Some studies show that by using rainwater for toilet flushing, laundry and garden use alone, it can reduce public water requirements of a typical household by 70%. If hot water systems were also supplied with rain water, this reduction can be as high as 85%!