Rain Water Harvesting is becoming more & more popular and unlike water captured in dams, does not require an extensive treatment process to ensure a high enough quality that is fit for human or farm animal consumption. There is no higher quality water source than that of rainwater. Especially if it is recovered from a roof that has been treated with a non-toxic, zero VOC rubberized membrane.
Rainwater that is collected from roofs using a zero VOC rubberized membrane and properly stored represents a truly sustainable source of water ideal for farms and homes – for both inside & outside uses. Some studies show that by using rainwater for toilet flushing, laundry and garden use alone, it can reduce public water requirements of a typical household by 70%. If hot water systems were also supplied with rain water, this reduction can be as high as 85%!
By reducing the amount of water you use, you reduce running costs and spend less on water, energy and detergent bills, and help sustain our water resources.
The main uses of water at an average home are:
- Flushing toilets (20% or 14,500 gallons per year)
- Showers, bathing and the bathroom (20% or 14,250 gallons per year)
- Washing clothes (15% or 10.500 gallons per year)
- Dish-washing and the kitchen (10% or 10.000 gallons per year)
- Watering the garden and other outside uses (35% or 25,000 gallons per year)
Rubberizeit! is a viable cost effective liquid rubber coating that is perfect for the collecting and channeling of rainwater.
Rubberizeit! has now made this liquid rubber product available to masses. In the past, in order to purchase liquid rubber products of this quality, you had to by at least a 55 gallon drum. In addition to the larger drums, we are offering the liquid rubber in quarts, gallon cansand 5 gallon buckets – and standard USPS ground shipping is always FREE – within the contiguous US.
Subscribe to Liquid Rubber Tips & Tricks!
Characteristics of Rubberizeit!™ Liquid Rubber
- Available in Five grades
- Primer Grade (PG) – Designed to be applied to porous substrates such as wood / lumber and older concrete. Because it is thin in nature it seeps well in to the pours and provides a coat of rubber that is ready to receive our Universal Grade (UG) product.
- Universal Grade (UG) – a thicker “higher build” version of the same liquid rubber found in the industrial grade IG product. Suitable for roof penetrations, areas with larger cracks and high stress areas.
- Industrial Grade (IG) – a thinner grade of liquid rubber that should only be used in conjunction with our Accelerateit!™ Catalyst and the DCPP or Pump Systems.
- Crack or Caulk Grade (CG) – is our thickest grade that has the consistency of peanut butter or soft cream-cheese. It can be used to fill holes and cracks up to 1/2″ deep/wide.
- Aerosol Grade (AG) – Rubberizeit!™ AG is not the same liquid rubber compound as our UG, CG, PG & IG products. While AG is formulated to be as environmentally friendly as possible – it contains VOC’s and is NOT suitable for ponds, aquaponics or gardening where vegetables are being grown. It is also not suitable for “ponding water” applications. Rubberizeit!™ AG is suitable for initial leak repairs and it is recommend to top coat AG with our Rubberizeit!™ UG product for a permanent UV stable waterproof seal.
- All Grades (except AG) are Non-Toxic with Zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
- All Grades (except AG) are UV-Stable – keep in mind, there is a difference between UV “Resistant” and UV “Stable” – a UV “Stable” product is suitable for applications which require long-term exposure to direct sunlight – minimum of a 10 year lifespan. In harsh environments, UV Resistant products typically fail after 2-3 years.
- With the exception of AG – Rubberizeit™ is a water-based single part rubber emulsion. It requires no catalyst to activate or cure. Once the water evaporates from the emulsion, only the non-toxic rubber is left behind and it takes approximately 3-7 days to fully cure (depending on temperature and humidity)
- No special protective equipment is required when applying Rubberizeit!™. We do recommend gloves, protective eye-wear and wearing of long sleeved shirts and long pants – this is because it is extremely difficult to remove once the liquid rubber has dried. Rubber that is still in liquid form can be removed with standard soap and water.
For more information please Contact Us!